Children's Special Health Care Services (CSHCS)
CSHCS is a program within the Michigan Department of Community Health. It is for children and some adults with special health care needs and their families.
We help persons with chronic health problems by providing:
- Coverage and Referral for specialty services, based on your child's health problems
- Family-Centered Services to support you in your role as the primary caretaker of your child
- Community-Based Services to help you care for your child at home and maintain normal routines
- Culturally Competent Services that demonstrate an awareness of cultural differences
- Coordinated Services to pull together the services of many providers who work within different agencies.